Celebrate Leadville Style
April is Leadville History Month
Some towns put up a plaque to mark their history. We ski, ride, and play saloon games. Visit us for the best outdoor activities as well as history celebrations, mountain bike races, and other events! See fun ways to celebrate Leadville History Month with us!
Ski, snowshoe, snowmobile, or fat bike 100 miles of uncrowded trails. groomed and plush with spring snow.
- Try out other cool-weather activities.while the powder's fresh and the sun warm.
- Attend the Leadville History Month celebration (April 22-23), catch the new Eat, Sleep, Mine exhibit and learn of mining life and Leadville history. Visit the museums.
- See mining history on the Mineral Belt Trail—still groomed for spring-snow fun!
- See snowy peaks throughout your drive--or from Leadville’s downtown.
- Enjoy Victorian architecture in Leadville’s shops, restaurants, and lodging.
- Find the real Colorado—an affordable, authentic getaway.
- Recent visitor? Take our survey and enter to win!
- See the 9 reasons locals love Leadville (and you will, too).
- Get a Visitors Guide.
100 Miles from Denver 130 Miles from Colorado Springs 38 Miles from Vail 59 Miles from Aspen (summer)
View Entire Month
History, Heritage & Culture Festivals Recreation & Competitions Seasonal Openings