Romantic Winter AdventuresLove’s an adventure, and so is a trip to play in Leadville’s record-setting snow. Secluded huts and yurts give you a romantic trip you’ll remember forever. Try these options for an active couples' getaway. Or choose a romantic Victorian escape.
Escape to a candlelit yurt or hut for plenty of private time. All the fun of camping, plus heat.
- Tennessee Pass has luxury yurts with down comforters and room service. And mid-week winter specials.
- The Leadville Backcountry Yurts are remote, rustic yurts with mind-blowing views.
- Making base camp at one of Leadville’s B&Bs, hotels, motels, cabins, or hostels with private rooms lets you start each day by watching the sun rise over the Mosquito Range.
Intrepid couples can choose from a wide variety of winter adventures:
After your adventure, relax by browsing the shops in Leadville's Victorian historic district and enjoy the drive along the scenic byways that lead through town.
- Trek. Leadville has 100 miles of groomed winter trails for cross-country or skate skis, snowshoes, fat bikes, or snowmobiles.
- Zip. Go snow zip lining. Hold hands as you jump into the abyss. Just like love itself.
- Zoom. Like that feeling of falling too fast? You and your sweetie can sled down the Dutch Henry Hill. Or zoom on a snowmobile tour in powder-filled bowls way above the trees.
- Ski. Schuss the uncrowded slopes at Ski Cooper, or for real adventure, go snowcat skiing on Chicago Ridge.
- Speed. Fly through valleys and trails by dogsled for a unique adventure.
- Skate. Ice skate under the sun or stars at the Huck Finn Ice Rink.
- Dine. The Tennessee Pass Cookhouse serves up gourmet meals in a candlelit yurt. You can ski or snowshoe to dinner or take a snowshoe tour to lunch.