Romantic Victorian Getaway
A trip to a town with snowy mountain views and Victorian charm is the perfect recipe for a romantic getaway. Consider these options for a relaxing couples' vacation--or an adventurous couple's escape.
- Drive. The scenic byways that lead to Leadville start any trip with a relaxing drive and a chance to snap selfies in stunning mountains.
- Stay. Leadville and Twin Lakes offer Victorian-style B&Bs for a romantic getaway and quiet couple time at a wide variety of lodging options, including cabins, inns, motels, hotels, and vacation homes.
- Explore. Snowshoe, cross-country ski, or fat bike with your sweetie among the snow-topped trees and magnificent views. Choose from nearly 100 miles of groomed winter trails. Schuss downhill at Ski Cooper, or take a scenic snowcat tour or go snowcat skiing on Chicago Ridge.
- Twirl. Ice skating together at the city’s open-air rink, under a Colorado blue sky or a night full of stars is a perfect romantic treat.
- Indulge. The National Mining Hall of Fame & Museum holds a deep, dark, decadent chocolate, beer, and wine tasting and photography exhibit opening on Friday, Feb. 17. Seven days a week, you both can roam the museum to learn about mining in Victorian times and today.
- Chill. Spend some peaceful time together at one of Leadville’s cozy coffee shops and bakeries, or relax on the couches at Periodic Brewing with a made-in-Leadville beer.
- Shop. Stroll hand-in-hand through Leadville’s Historic District, 70 square blocks of Victorian architecture. Browse for antiques, arts, gifts, and more in Leadville’s one-of-a-kind shops.
- Dine. Ski or snowshoe to a four-course dinner or take a snowshoe tour to lunch at Tennessee Pass Cookhouse, a candlelit yurt, or explore other dining options.