Groomed Winter Trails
Did you know that there are nearly 100 miles of groomed winter trails near Leadville? And that most are free? See where you can go cross-country skiing, skate skiing, snowshoeing, fat biking, and snowmobiling. Want company? Find upcoming races and events on our calendar!
- Overview map: Shows trail networks and maps.
5 Free Trail Systems
See the latest grooming and trail conditions by area!
- East Side Mining District: Groomed county roads winding through Leadville’s mining structures, with spectacular above-treeline views (interactive map / printable map).
- Mineral Belt Trail: A 12-mile groomed loop around town, through the historic Leadville Mining District and evergreen forests (about the trail / map).
- Mt. Massive Golf Course: 7 miles of groomed trails wind gently in and out of forested areas and along the fairways.
- Turquoise Lake: A 14-mile loop of groomed roadway around the lake, with spectacular views of peaks, canyons, and the frozen lake itself.
- Colorado Mountain College Timberline Trails: A rolling system of groomed singletrack through the forest built and maintained by the local bike club, Cloud City Wheelers. Explore these trails and more area fat biking trails on MTB Project.
Check the conditions and hit the trails!
Tennessee Pass Nordic Center
- Enjoy more than 16 miles of groomed set track and wide skate lanes at Tennessee Pass Nordic Center. (See the map).
- Rentals of XC skis, skate skis, snowshoes, and fat bikes.
- Views of the stunning Sawatch Range.
- Relaxation: Coffee bar, beer and wine, soups and sandwiches, a toasty woodstove, and a large sunny deck.