Home » Outdoor Activities in Leadville, Colorado » Winter Activities in Leadville, Colorado » Winter Trails in Leadville
Winter Trails near Leadville
Did you know that the Leadville area has nearly 100 miles of groomed winter trails? And that most are free? See where you can go cross-country skiing, skate skiing, snowshoeing, fat biking, and snowmobiling. Want company? Find upcoming races and events on our calendar!
- Overview map: Shows locations of trail networks; groomed trails shaded yellow.
- Current trail conditions: Follow @LeadvilleTrails on Twitter.
5 Free Trail Systems:
- East Side Mining District: Groomed county roads winding through Leadville's mining structures, with spectacular above-treeline views (interactive map / printable map). See current grooming conditions in the Mining District.
- Mineral Belt Trail: A 12-mile groomed loop around town, through the historic Leadville Mining District and evergreen forests (about the trail / map).
- Mt. Massive Golf Course: 7 miles of groomed trails wind gently in and out of forested areas and along the fairways.
- Turquoise Lake: A 14-mile loop of groomed roadway around the lake, with spectacular views of peaks, canyons, and the frozen lake itself. See current grooming conditions on Turquoise Lake Road.
- Colorado Mountain College Timberline Trails: A rolling system of groomed singletrack through the forest built and maintained by the local bike club, Cloud City Wheelers. Explore these trails and more area fat biking trails on MTB Project.
- More than 16 miles of groomed set track and wide skate lanes (See the map).
- Rentals of XC skis, skate skis, snowshoes, and fat bikes.
- Views of the stunning Sawatch Range.
- Relaxation: Coffee bar, beer and wine, soups and sandwiches, a toasty woodstove, and a large sunny deck.