Romantic Fun in Leadville, ColoradoJanuary 27, 2021
There’s plenty of romantic fun in winter in Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado! Check out these ideas for snowy fun, yurt adventures, sweet treats and flowers, and cozy places to dine and stay. Thinking long term? You can even hold your wedding here!
Play in the Snow Together
Play in fresh winter snow at Leadville and Twin Lakes! Check out these winter sports for two:
- Dogsledding: Cuddle up in a dogsled pulled by happy huskies. It’s puppy love!
- Fat Biking: Explore the fat bike trails and join the self-timed Leadville Winter Mountain Bike Race series!
- Ice Skating: Hold hands as you ice skate under the stars, or below the peaks, at Leadville’s outdoor rink.
- Nordic Skiing and Snowshoeing: Tour Leadville’s scenic Mineral Belt Trail together. Join the Leadville Loppet Nordic ski race, happening in a self-timed format this February! For romantic views, check out the exquisitely groomed trails at the Mount Massive Golf Course Ski and Snowshoe Trails. These skate and classic trails look out to the Mosquito and Sawatch ranges, one of the best views in town.
- Skiing: At Ski Cooper, you and your honey can ski or snowboard on wide-open slopes that meet every skill level. It is also a great place to bring the whole family. To make your heart beat faster, try Cooper’s new double black diamond terrain, Tennessee Creek Basin!
- Sledding: Be kids again and go sledding down Leadville’s high, fast run.
- Snowmobiling: Zoom along with breathtaking views! Take a guided snowmobile tour or explore our groomed winter trails on your own.
- Snow Zipping: Talk about breathless. Hold hands as you fly together on a zip line, surrounded by a winter wonderland.
Yurt Adventures to Remember
You and your honey can ski or snowshoe to a four-course dinner at Tennessee Pass Cookhouse. Trek one mile through a snowy forest, lit by moon and stars or sparkled by falling snow. You’ll arrive at an off-grid candlelit yurt and a gourmet dinner. Advance reservations are required.
For a daytime date on a weekend, ski or snowshoe to lunch at the Cookhouse—a delicious break from exploring the Tennessee Pass Nordic Center trails. Advance reservations required.
If the Cookhouse yurt is full, have a tasty lunch at the Nordic Center—soups and sandwiches, hot mulled cider, and more. Sit by the toasty wood stove or on the sunny deck. No reservations needed. You can rent skis, snowshoes, or fat bikes for these adventures at the Nordic Center.
Stay the night in the Tennessee Pass luxury sleep yurts. Snuggle up with down comforters, wood stoves, and room service.
For true privacy and adventure, plan a trek to the Leadville Backcountry Yurts. These remote, rustic yurts have amazing views at 12,000’. They are for experienced backcountry skiers and snowshoers only.
Valentine’s Pop-up Shop
A special Valentine’s pop-up shop at FREIGHT brings you flowers, snacks and drinks, and fun photos. Find beautiful, whimsical flowers at a bouquet bar by Leadville’s Florista Spells Studio. Stay a spell and order a charcuterie board and drinks. Create a special keepsake with a mini photo shoot by local photographer Pinewood Photography—great for kids, family, couples, or friends celebrating Galentine’s!
Stop by Feb. 11-14, from noon to 6:30 p.m. For best selection, you are encouraged to order flowers in advance, for pickup or delivery.
Spend a cozy afternoon or evening at the brand-new Before & After Leadville. Savor scrumptious desserts, inventive cocktails and mocktails, and light fare.
Or gift sweet treats from the Silver Llama Market & Eatery, featuring Cookies with Altitude. Surprise your sweetie with cookies, cakes, fudge, and more.
Where to Eat
Do you find romance in a candlelit dinner, takeout pizza by the fire, a spicy Mexican plate? Check out a cozy igloo on the rooftop at Treeline Kitchen or at Buchi Cafe. Or head to the historic Twin Lakes Inn & Saloon, open in winter! Explore restaurants for special meals.
Where to Stay
Escape to comfortable lodging just made for snuggling. A base camp at one of our B&Bs, motels and hotels or hostels with private rooms lets visitors start each day by watching sunrises and sunsets over the high peaks. Or rent a mountain cabin or vacation home just for the two of you.
Looking for an enchanting place to tie the knot? Leadville and Twin Lakes offer the perfect blend of beauty and simplicity for a unique and wonderful day. The area’s historical roots and stunning views make it a magical place to bring together family and friends for an unforgettable event. Learn how you can have the perfect wedding in Leadville / Twin Lakes.
Start planning your romantic escape today!