2020 Travel Guide to Leadville & Twin LakesJune 9, 2020
[Updated Sept. 11, 2020]
Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado, is open for business. We are taking precautions to ensure you have a safe and healthy trip. Please use this 2020 Travel Guide to know what to expect. Then plan your visit!
Our businesses have reopened within safety guidelines. Face coverings are required in all public, indoor spaces in Colorado, to keep everyone safe. These Colorado and Lake County Public Health precautions are for everyone’s safety and will protect the community against COVID-19 increases that may require businesses to limit operations again. Thank you for following these guidelines. We want to visit with you all year long!
Please check with businesses directly for the latest information, as things are changing quickly.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all large events are canceled through September 2020. We look forward to welcoming you to events in the future.
Care for Coloradans
Please help care for Coloradans during your visit. Here’s how:
All we ask is that you have an amazing time while showing our lands and people plenty of love, kindness and respect; we promise to pay it back tenfold.
- Space: Keep a Ski’s Length Apart
- Mask: Cover Up, Like in the Wild West (Face coverings are required in all public, indoor spaces in Colorado)
- Clean: Practice Clean Habits
- Stay: Remain at Home When You’re Sick
- Know: Look Before You Leave for the Latest Info
Current Health Orders
Businesses are following the latest public health guidance in reopening. See the current guidance to help you plan your trip:
- Colorado is now in the Safer at Home in the Vast, Great Outdoors Phase, which allows Coloradans and others to recreate in our state’s great outdoors while maintaining a sustainable level of physical distancing. Masks are required in all public, indoor spaces in Colorado.
- Colorado guidance on personal recreation (June 1, 2020)
- Colorado guidance on outdoor recreation (June 1, 2020)
- Colorado guidance on camping (June 1, 2020)
- Latest local health information – COVID-19 Lake County Colorado Facebook page