2021 Travel Guide to Leadville & Twin LakesNovember 1, 2020
[Updated Dec. 4, 2020]
Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado, is open for business. We are taking precautions to ensure you have a safe and healthy trip. Please use this 2020 Travel Guide to know what to expect. Then plan your visit!
Restaurants are open for takeout, delivery, outdoor dining, and limited dine-in, at 25% of restaurant capacity. Only groups of 6 or fewer people may be seated together. Please consider calling ahead for reservations.
Businesses are closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., and private gatherings are discouraged during these times. Private gatherings are limited to 6 people from 2 or fewer unique households.
- See more on what’s open in Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado.
- See what’s open in Colorado.
- Learn more about Colorado travel and COVID-19.
Please check with businesses directly for the latest information, as things can change quickly. Thank you for following our safety guidelines. We want to visit with you all year long!
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, all large events are currently canceled. We look forward to welcoming you to events in the future.
Care for Coloradans
Please help care for Coloradans during your visit. Here’s how:
All we ask is that you have an amazing time while showing our lands and people plenty of love, kindness and respect; we promise to pay it back tenfold.
- Space: Keep a Ski’s Length Apart
- Mask: Cover Up, Like in the Wild West (Face coverings are required in all public, indoor spaces in Colorado)
- Clean: Practice Clean Habits
- Stay: Remain at Home When You’re Sick
- Know: Look Before You Leave for the Latest Info
Winter Backcountry Safety
If you are recreating in the backcountry, please check out our Colorado Backcountry Winter Safety Resources. Know before you go!
Please check and follow current fire restrictions.
Current Health Orders & Info
Businesses are following the latest public health guidance. See the current guidance to help you plan your trip:
- As of Nov. 20, 2020, Leadville and Twin Lakes are in the Orange Level of Colorado’s Covid-19 precautions.
- Leadville / Twin Lakes health information: COVID-19 Lake County Colorado Facebook page.
- Colorado is in the Safer at Home in the Vast, Great Outdoors Phase, which allows Coloradans and others to recreate in our state’s great outdoors while maintaining a sustainable level of physical distancing. Masks are required in all public, indoor spaces in Colorado. Learn more: Colorado COVID-19 website.