What’s Open in Leadville & Twin Lakes, ColoradoJune 7, 2020
[Updated July 1, 2020]
Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado, are excited to welcome you, safely! Please see what’s open:
Lodging is open. Now you can spend the night in hotels and motels, vacation rentals, B&Bs, and more. Or camp! Please check directly with lodging to make a reservation.
Restaurants are open for takeout, delivery, and dine-in with extra space between tables. Enjoy American food, Mexican cuisine, Chinese food, Cuban food, coffee shops and markets, and much more. Brewpubs, bars, and saloons are currently closed.
Many retail shops have reopened. Be sure to explore downtown Leadville and the village of Twin Lakes for local art, antiques, handmade furniture, outdoor gear, and much, much more. Please note that face coverings are required inside businesses and facilities, for everyone’s safety.
Attractions & Adventures
The attractions and guided tours below are now open. We are working to keep this list current, but if you’re interested in an attraction not listed below, please reach out to them directly for the latest. Things are changing quickly. Face coverings are required inside businesses and facilities. Thank you for following these guidelines!
- Colorado Fly Fishing Guides – Open for guided trips, with social distancing measures in place.
- Elk Mountain Adventures – Open for ATV rentals; please fill out waivers and pay online.
- Halfmoon Packing & Outfitting – Open for horseback rides, fishing, and pack trips.
- Healy House Museum & Dexter Cabin – Open Thursdays and Fridays. Visitors are asked to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- Leadville Train – Open for the season, with open-air cars, limited passenger numbers, and extra capacity.
- Matchless Mine – Open for surface tours of the legendary mine Tuesday-Saturday until the fall. Everyone is asked to maintain social distancing and wear a face covering, for everyone’s safety.
- Mt. Massive Golf Course – Advance tee times are required, walk ups are not allowed at this time. Everyone is asked to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum – Open Tuesday-Sunday. Visitors are asked to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- Scenic Drives – Independence Pass is open for the season. Please enjoy this jaw-dropping drive along Highway 82 from the village of Twin Lakes to Aspen. All roads to Leadville and Twin Lakes are along the Top of the Rockies Scenic Byway.
- Top of the Rockies Zipline – Now open and ready to let you fly.
- Twin Lakes – Businesses in Twin Lakes village are open for the summer.
- Twin Lakes Interlaken Boat Tours – Now open for narrated history tours across Twin Lakes.
- Camping – Many campgrounds on U.S. Forest Service Land are now open. See the current status and fire restrictions of San Isabel National Forest recreation sites.
- Trails – Miles and miles of forest trails and lake shorelines are open for hiking, biking, and relaxing.
- Twin Lakes and Turquoise Lake are open for the summer, with boating, camping, fishing, paddling, and just plain enjoying.
- Leadville Visitor Center – In June, the Leadville Visitor Center is open seven days a week (Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.) (809 Harrison Ave., Leadville)
- Red Rooster Visitor Center – The visitor center in Twin Lakes is now open Thursday through Sunday, and every other Monday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Across from the Twin Lakes General Store in the heart of Twin Lakes Village)
Face coverings are required inside visitor centers. Thank you for following these guidelines!
In Leadville and Twin Lakes, we’re excited to see you again! We are asking for your help to keep everyone safe. Please keep 6′ apart, wear a face covering, wash your hands often and well, and stay home if you’re sick. Thank you. We welcome you for a fun and safe visit!