What’s Open in Leadville & Twin Lakes, ColoradoJune 7, 2020
[Updated Oct. 16, 2020]
Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado, are excited to welcome you, safely! Please be aware that face coverings are required in public, indoor spaces in Colorado. Please see what’s open:
Lodging is open. You can spend the night in hotels and motels, vacation rentals, B&Bs, and more. Or camp! Please check directly with lodging to make a reservation.
Restaurants are open for takeout, delivery, and dine-in with extra space between tables. Enjoy American food, Mexican cuisine, Chinese food, Cuban food, coffee shops and markets, and much more. Brewpubs, bars, and saloons are open with social distancing requirements in place.
Many retail shops have reopened. Be sure to explore downtown Leadville and the village of Twin Lakes for local art, antiques, handmade furniture, outdoor gear, and much, much more. Please know that face coverings are required inside businesses and facilities, for everyone’s safety.
Attractions & Adventures
The attractions and guided tours below are now open. We are working to keep this list current, but if you’re interested in an attraction not listed below, please reach out to them directly for the latest. Things are changing quickly. Face coverings are required inside businesses and facilities. Thank you for following these guidelines!
- Colorado Fly Fishing Guides – Open for guided trips, with social distancing measures in place.
- Elk Mountain Adventures – Open for ATV rentals; please fill out waivers and pay online.
- Halfmoon Packing & Outfitting – Open for horseback rides, fishing, and pack trips.
- Healy House Museum & Dexter Cabin – Open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Visitors are asked to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- Leadville Train – Open weekends through October, with open-air cars, limited passenger numbers, and extra capacity.
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum – Open daily. Visitors are asked to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- Scenic Drives – Independence Pass is open for the season. Please enjoy this jaw-dropping drive along Highway 82 from the village of Twin Lakes to Aspen. All roads to Leadville and Twin Lakes are along the Top of the Rockies Scenic Byway.
- Temple Israel – Open seven days a week, from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Top of the Rockies Zipline – Open and ready to let you fly.
- Twin Lakes – Businesses in Twin Lakes village are open through mid-October.
- Camping – Campgrounds on U.S. Forest Service Land are open. See the current fire restrictions, including a statewide fire ban until Nov. 5, 2020.
- Trails – Miles and miles of forest trails and lake shorelines are open for hiking, biking, and relaxing.
- Twin Lakes and Turquoise Lake are open for the summer, with boating, camping, fishing, paddling, and just plain enjoying.
- Leadville Visitor Center – The Leadville Visitor Center is open Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.) (809 Harrison Ave., Leadville)
Face coverings are required in visitor centers and all public, indoor spaces. Thank you for following these guidelines!
In Leadville and Twin Lakes, we’re excited to see you again! While you are here, please help care for Coloradans to keep everyone safe. Please know that masks are required inside all public spaces in Colorado. We ask that you have an amazing time while showing our lands and people plenty of love, kindness and respect; we promise to pay it back tenfold.
- Space: Keep a Ski’s Length Apart
- Mask: Cover Up, Like in the Wild West (Face coverings are required in all public, indoor spaces in Colorado)
- Clean: Practice Clean Habits
- Stay: Remain at Home When You’re Sick
- Know: Look Before You Leave for the Latest Info
Statewide Fire Ban
Come See Us, Safely
We can’t wait to see you, safely! Have a wonderful visit!