What’s Open in Leadville & Twin Lakes, ColoradoDecember 16, 2020
[Updated June 10, 2021]
Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado, are excited to welcome you, safely!
Please see what’s open:
Lodging is open. You can spend the night in hotels and motels, vacation rentals, B&Bs, and more. Or camp! Please check directly with lodging to make a reservation.
Restaurants & Bars
Restaurants are open for dine-in at 100% capacity, with 6′ of distance required between parties inside and 3′ of distance required between parties outside. No more than 10 per party are allowed. Many local restaurants also offer takeout and delivery. Enjoy American food, Mexican cuisine, Chinese food, Cuban food, coffee shops and markets, and much more!
Bars are now open at 100% capacity, with 6′ of distance required between parties. Last call is at 2 a.m.
Learn the story of mining from yesterday to tomorrow, and explore Leadville’s history at these fascinating museums.
- Healy House Museum & Dexter Cabin – Discover life in the 1880s Silver Rush era.
- Heritage Museum – See memorabilia that tells the story of Leadville’s history.
- House with the Eye – Wander a Victorian home that gives a glimpse of life in the silver boom days.
- Matchless Mine – Peer down the shaft of the mine that fueled the Tabor fortune, and tour the cabin where Baby Doe Tabor lived out her days.
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum – Explore the wonders found underground, from a world-class gem and mineral collection, to miners’ stories, to the future of mining in space.
- Tabor Home – See where the legendary Tabors lived.
- Tabor Opera House – Tour the majestic Tabor Opera House, now undergoing a historic rehabilitation, and see stage scenery from 1879 that is among the most historically significant collections in North America.
- Temple Israel – Learn about pioneer Jewish life at this frontier synagogue.
- Summer Activities – Check out the many summer sports and attractions in Leadville and Twin Lakes!
- Trails – Miles and miles of forest trails and lake shorelines are open. Snow at higher elevations usually melts by mid to late June.
- Twin Lakes and Turquoise Lake are open for paddling, fishing, and walks on the shores. Check the status of the Turquoise Lake Matchless boat ramp and the Twin Lakes boat ramp.
- Twin Lakes businesses are open for summer.
- Leadville Visitor Center is open 7 days a week (809 Harrison Ave., Leadville)
- Twin Lakes Red Rooster Visitor Center is open 7 days a week in summer.
Mask Guidance & Health Info
Lake County is following state guidelines. See Colorado guidance for wearing masks. Best practice is still to keep a mask on you at all times.
- Fully vaccinated people may go without masks in public indoor spaces unless the setting requires otherwise.
- Businesses may require customers to wear masks or show proof of full vaccination.
- Unvaccinated people over age 11 are encouraged to wear masks in all public indoor spaces.
For more on COVID-19 in Leadville and Twin Lakes, visit the COVID-19 Lake County Colorado Facebook page.
Learn more about Colorado travel and COVID-19.
Backcountry Safety – High-Elevation Snow
If you are planning backcountry activities to enjoy high-elevation snow, be sure to check out our Colorado Backcountry Winter Safety Resources. Know before you go!
Please be sure to check current fire restrictions in Lake County. Please always take care with campfires and any ignition source. Help protect our forests and homes!
Come See Us, Safely
We can’t wait to see you, safely! Have a wonderful visit!