What’s Open in Leadville & Twin Lakes, ColoradoJune 7, 2020
[Updated Nov. 20, 2020]
Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado, are excited to welcome you, safely! Please be aware that face coverings are required in public, indoor spaces in Colorado. Please see what’s open:
Lodging is open. You can spend the night in hotels and motels, vacation rentals, B&Bs, and more. Or camp! Please check directly with lodging to make a reservation.
Restaurants are open for takeout, delivery, and dine-in with extra space between tables and social distancing requirements. Enjoy American food, Mexican cuisine, Chinese food, Cuban food, coffee shops and markets, and much more. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, on-site dining is at 25% capacity. If you are coming with a group, please know that only 6 or fewer people from 2 or fewer households may sit together.
Many retail shops are open. Be sure to explore downtown Leadville for local art, antiques, handmade furniture, outdoor gear, and much, much more. Please know that face coverings are required inside businesses and facilities, for everyone’s safety.
Attractions & Adventures
The attractions and guided tours below are now open. We are working to keep this list current, but if you’re interested in an attraction not listed below, please reach out to them directly for the latest. Face coverings are required inside businesses and facilities. Thank you for following these guidelines!
- Colorado Fly Fishing Guides – Open for guided trips, with social distancing measures in place.
- Elk Mountain Adventures – Open for ATV rentals; please fill out waivers and pay online.
- Healy House Museum & Dexter Cabin – Open Fridays and Saturdays. Visitors are asked to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum – Open Tuesday – Saturday. Visitors are asked to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing.
- Scenic Drives – All roads to Leadville and Twin Lakes are along the Top of the Rockies Scenic Byway. Highways 24 and 91 are open all winter. Highway 82 from Twin Lakes to Aspen, over Independence Pass, is closed for the winter.
- Temple Israel – Open by appointment.
- Top of the Rockies Zipline – Now open for winter flights!
- Twin Lakes – The Twin Lakes Inn & Saloon is open for dinner Fridays and Saturdays and brunch on Sundays. Several comfy places to stay are open in Twin Lakes all winter.
- Trails – Miles and miles of forest trails and lake shorelines are open for hiking, biking, and relaxing.
- Twin Lakes and Turquoise Lake are open for cold-weather fishing and walks on the shores. The Turquoise Lake Matchless boat ramp and the Twin Lakes boat ramp are closed for the season.
- Leadville Visitor Center – The Leadville Visitor Center is open Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (809 Harrison Ave., Leadville)
Face coverings are required in visitor centers and all public, indoor spaces. Thank you for following these guidelines!
Please be sure to check current fire restrictions in Lake County. Please always take care with campfires and any ignition source. Help protect our forests and homes!
As of Nov. 20, 2020, Leadville and Twin Lakes are in the Orange Level of Colorado’s Covid-19 precautions:
- Businesses are closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., and private gatherings are discouraged during these times to reduce group gatherings that have been identified as higher infection risk activities.
- Private gatherings are limited to 6 people from 2 or fewer unique households; this 6 person group limit includes group sizes seated together at restaurants.
See the full Lake County Public Health Order.
In Leadville and Twin Lakes, we’re excited to see you! While you are here, please help care for Coloradans to keep everyone safe. Please know that masks are required inside all public spaces in Colorado. We ask that you have an amazing time while showing our lands and people plenty of love, kindness and respect; we promise to pay it back tenfold.
- Space: Keep a Ski’s Length Apart
- Mask: Cover Up, Like in the Wild West (Face coverings are required in all public, indoor spaces in Colorado)
- Clean: Practice Clean Habits
- Stay: Remain at Home When You’re Sick
- Know: Look Before You Leave for the Latest Info
Come See Us, Safely
We can’t wait to see you, safely! Have a wonderful visit!