- This event has passed.
Leadville’s Celtic Ghosts Walking Tour
September 10, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
A guided walking tour fundraiser for the Leadville Irish Memorial
All donations go to the Leadville Irish Memorial, now under construction in the Catholic Pauper section of Leadville’s Evergreen Cemetery.
Please consider the following:
- Minimum $40 donation to the Leadville Irish Memorial recommended. Can be paid at the event or online.
- Please consider donating more if you can
- Paypal, cash or checks made out to INCO gladly accepted
- Please wear good walking shoes and bring water.
- There are no restrooms at the cemetery
Dr. Jim Walsh, a political science professor at University of Colorado Denver, has made the Catholic Pauper section of Leadville’s Evergreen cemetery his life’s work, learning the names, ages and life information of the more than 1340 souls buried in that part of the cemetery. He is the founder of the Romero Troupe, organic theater in Denver and the Rocky Mountain Irish Roots Collective.
Kathleen Fitzsimmons is a local historian and educator who lives in Leadville. She earned a Master’s Degree in Leadville History and is the third generation of her family born in Leadville.