Ski with a ranger! Come take a tour of Cooper on skis with a National Forest Ranger as your guide.
You’ll dive into interesting topics like these:
- Identify animal tracks in the snow and discuss the wildlife you can find at Ski Cooper.
- Identify the different tree species found at Ski Cooper.
- Hear a brief history of the 10th Mountain Division and how that relates to Ski Cooper
- Learn about the mountain peaks and other physical features you can see from Cooper on a sunny day.
- Discover what the Continental Divide is and where it runs.
- Find out what a National Forest is and the relationship between the Forest Service and Ski Cooper.
- Learn about water projects in the local area that bring water from the west side of the Divide to the more populous east side.
Plan your trip to Ski Cooper today!