Groomed Winter Trails in Leadville
Snow comes early and stays late in North America’s highest city! Conditions are great from late fall well into May. Whether you Nordic ski, snowshoe, fat bike, or snowmobile, you’ll love the groomed winter trails in historic Leadville, Colorado. Hit the motherlode!
Why Leadville’s Trails Are Pure Gold
- Low Cost: Access nearly 100 miles of trails at a great value!
- Groomed Regularly for Easy Travel: All trails are groomed on a regular schedule throughout the winter. Check the latest conditions!
- Above-Treeline Views: In Leadville’s East Side Mining District, you can get above treeline just minutes from town! See jaw-dropping views of Mt. Elbert, Mt. Massive, and several other 14ers, plus the Mosquito Range to the east. Come to Leadville for elevated beauty.
- Multi-use: Whether you want to cross-country ski, skate ski, snowshoe, fatbike, snowmobile, ride a snow bike, or more, we have a trail for you!
- Good for All Skill Levels: Whether you want challenging new terrain or are a Nordic novice, you’ll find a scenic trail that fits your ability.
- Open late fall/early winter to May: At 10,152′, Leadville is North America’s highest-elevation city–meaning deeper snows, longer. We’re on backcountry snow most years from late fall/early winter through April, sometimes into May. Check conditions any time. And get your winter fix for more of the year!
- Overview map: Shows trail networks and maps.
7 Trail Systems
See the latest grooming and trail conditions by area!
1) East Side Mining District
2) Mineral Belt Trail
3) Mt. Massive Golf Course Ski and Snowshoe Trails
17km of groomed trails wind gently in and out of forested areas and along the fairways. Suggested donation of $10 per person. Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing only.
4) Tennessee Pass Nordic Center
More than 16 miles of groomed set track and wide skate lanes on the Tennessee Pass Nordic Center trails. Views of the stunning Sawatch Range. Fat bike, cross-country ski, snowshoe.
5) Timberline Trails at Colorado Mountain College
A rolling system of groomed trails through the forest. Cross-country ski, snowshoe.
6) Timberline Trails Winter Singletrack
Nearly 10 miles of trails perfect for fat biking.
7) Turquoise Lake
A 14-mile loop of groomed roadway around the lake, with spectacular views of peaks, canyons, and the frozen lake itself. Fat bike, cross-country ski, snowmobile, snowshoe.
Check the conditions and hit the trails!