Passport to Leadville History
Stop by the Leadville Visitor Center to pick up your Passport to Leadville History! Visit at least four of the eight museums, ask the museum staff to sign your passport, and return it to the Visitor Center for a free Leadville-themed gift!
Visit these eight local museums:
- Heritage Museum – Discover a fine collection of Leadville memorabilia.
- Healy House Museum and Dexter Cabin – Roam two of Leadville’s earliest houses for a glimpse of life in a booming silver-mining town.
- House with the Eye – See what Leadville’s charming Victorian homes have looked like during the Silver Rush days.
- Matchless Mine – Peer into a mining shaft and hear the Tabors’ riches-to-rags story.
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum – Visit the home of silver mining magnate Horace Tabor and his first wife, Augusta, Leadville’s “First Lady.”
- Tabor Home – Visit the home of silver mining magnate Horace Tabor and his first wife, Augusta, Leadville’s “First Lady.”
- Tabor Opera House – Tour this elegant opera house and come to a live performance.
- Temple Israel Synagogue and Museum – Visit the oldest of the area’s frontier synagogues.