Passport to Leadville History
809 Harrison Ave, Leadville, CO | (719) 486-3900
Stop by the Leadville Visitor Center to learn how you can visit these eight local museums:
- Heritage Museum – Discover a fine collection of Leadville memorabilia.
- Healy House Museum and Dexter Cabin – Roam two of Leadville’s earliest houses for a glimpse of life in a booming silver-mining town.
- House with the Eye – See what Leadville’s charming Victorian homes have looked like during the Silver Rush days.
- Matchless Mine – Peer into a mining shaft and hear the Tabors’ riches-to-rags story.
- National Mining Hall of Fame and Museum – Visit the home of silver mining magnate Horace Tabor and his first wife, Augusta, Leadville’s “First Lady.”
- Tabor Home – Visit the home of silver mining magnate Horace Tabor and his first wife, Augusta, Leadville’s “First Lady.”
- Tabor Opera House – Tour this elegant opera house and come to a live performance.
- Temple Israel Synagogue and Museum – Visit the oldest of the area’s frontier synagogues.