The Lake County Tourism Panel (LCTP) has budgeted $36,000.00 from the lodging tax dollars collected in the City of Leadville to support Lake County community members that preserve or enrich Lake County for the good of our community and our visitors.
The Lake County Tourism Panel endeavors to collaborate with community members through this support program. Community members may receive support for specific projects and programs that are accessible to the community of Lake County, address some of the key needs of our citizens, and align with LCTP priorities.
Projects can request a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $5,000. Not every application will receive funding, and partial awards may be granted. Projects are encouraged to consider and describe what they will do if offered a partial award.
Funded projects may occur (and funds must be spent) between August 15, 2022 and May 31, 2023. Half of the awarded funds will be available at the beginning of the award period, and half may be held in reserve until the project is completed (within 12 months of the award.)
The application period will start on Wednesday, June 1st and run until Friday July 15 th. Awarded organizations will be notified by Monday August 1st.
LCTP will consider projects and programs from community organizations that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applications will be accepted from community members that provide defined project scope, timeline and budget. This Support Program is not intended for sustaining support.
- Only one (1) application may be submitted per organization or community member of Lake County. Application can be obtained online at leadvilletwinlakes.com or hard copies are available at the Leadville Visitor’s Center. Completed applications can be submitted electronically to email@example.com or delivered to the Leadville Visitor’s Center c/o Adam Ducharme- Tourism Manager.
- Please make a copy of this document and submit via email or in person.
- Supplemental documentation may only be sent to LCTP or the Tourism Manager at their request.
Each application will be evaluated by a panel of community members according to its strengths, merits, and completeness. The number of awards, funding agreements and comments to applicant organizations will be sent out after August 1, 2022.
PROJECTS WILL BE MOST SUCCESSFUL IF THEY MATCH LCTP VALUES AND PRIORITIES AS DESCRIBED BELOW.
- Supported Projects or Programs should benefit the Tourism and the Community of Lake County.
- LCTP promotes and supports collaboration and cross-pollination between entities that have shared interests. Collaborative proposals are encouraged.
- We provide staff/technical support to make conditions to help people meet our needs/criteria.
PRIORITIES – Inspire innovation by locals to create opportunities that help meet panel priorities
- Mitigating the Impacts of Tourism, i.e.
- Porta potties at select trailheads
- Maintaining Recreational Opportunities, i.e.
- Signage for trailheads
- Addressing Tourism Workforce Needs, i.e.
- Tourism workforce housing issues
- Tourism workforce development
- Tourism childcare issues
- Inclusive Tourism Initiatives, i.e.
- Example: Visitor Information in Spanish and English
- Family Friendly public programs
- public art/engagement
- Shore Up the Sustainability of Events/Organizations that Attract Tourism, i.e.
- Wheelers – winter race series
- Taste of Leadville
- Fiestas Patrias Parade and Celebration
- Indigenous Peoples Day Ceremony
- Encourage Visitation During Fall, Winter, and Spring – to Create More Sustainable Businesses Year-round, i.e.
- Heritage Programming
- Art & Culture Programming
- Historic Homes Tour
- Parade of Lights
- Saint Patty’s Day
- Ski/Bike Races
- Mural program
- Festivals (food, drink, art, etc)
If you receive funds, a report no longer than 2 pages is required within 1 year of the award. Reports should include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Project status
- Actual use of funds
- Describe how your organization/program benefited the community
- Describe any problems with your programming or organization that the Tourism Panel should know about
- A budget showing that LCTP funds were used on the project specified
Nondiscrimination: including statutes prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, creed, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
Credit/Acknowledgement: grantee agrees that a notice will be included in appropriate announcements and promotional efforts stating: “This project/program is supported by The Lake County Tourism Panel.”