Planning a trip to Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado? Prepare yourself for a vacation full of new adventures and discovery! Whether you’re coming for the outdoor recreation, history, scenic beauty or a mix of all three, you’ll be in your element in North America’s highest-elevation town, right in the heart of Colorado.
Build your dream trip! Choose…
1) What To Do
- Choose Your Activities: Whether you’re an adventurer, history buff, or scenery-lover, you’re coming to the right place. Dream about what you’ll do on your vacation, then book your activities! Choose from a wealth of outdoor activities, including biking, camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, downhill and Nordic skiing, kayaking, off-roading and snowmobiling, and more. History tours and sites to see, and jaw-dropping natural attractions. Or join us for one of our festivals and annual events!
- Pick Great Restaurants: You’re going to get hungry up high in the sky. See the best places to eat and drink in Leadville and Twin Lakes.
- Decide What to See in our Historic Towns: Harrison Avenue and the streets in downtown Leadville are lined with Victorian architecture, specialty shops, antique stores, restaurants, museums and galleries. The village of Twin Lakes offers a gallery, lodging and dinning, and historic sites. Check out locally made foods, clothing and artwork. Dining runs the gamut from a quick bite to a relaxing meal to savor with friends and family.
2) When to Visit
Each season has the makings of a great escape. We think you should try them all to see which one you like best! See what to do by season in Leadville and Twin Lakes. Check our annual festivals and events and our day-by-day calendar of fun happenings to uncover something that meets your fancy.
Winter’s an especially great time to visit North America’s highest city and its abundant snow!
3) Where to Stay
4) Learn More
- Get a Visitors Guide: Learn more about all there is to do in Leadville and Twin Lakes.
- Check Out and Save This Map:
- Get Updates: Sign up for our monthly newsletter. Be sure you hear about special events and seasonal activities you won’t want to miss!
- Visit the Visitor Centers. When you get to Leadville, stop by our Visitor Center at 809 Harrison Avenue. Or go to the Twin Lakes Visitor Center, in the center of Twin Lakes village, from Memorial Day to Labor Day and weekends in September. We’d love to meet you and to suggest accommodations, restaurants, and activities that are a good fit for your interests.
- Adventure by Nature Pledge: Learn why Leadville and Twin Lakes are special, and take a pledge to protect local homes and public lands.
Where We Are
You’ll feel a world away from city life, but we are centrally located just 100 miles from Denver and 130 miles from Colorado Springs—a one-tank trip that’s easy on the budget and on the eyes. All the highways in Lake County are part of the Top of the Rockies National Scenic Byway, one of the most beautiful drives in all of Colorado—if not the country. See where we are and explore transportation options for getting here.