This Backcountry Film Festival features adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, and ski culture. You’ll find it all in this award-winning lineup!
Films in this year’s program include the following:
- Ode to Muir (Festival cut), Teton Gravity Research
- Ski the Wild West, Thomas Woodson and Drew Petersen
- The Abbey, DPS Cinematic
- The Backcountry Snowsports Initiative: Human-Powered, Wool Hat Creative Productions
- Abandoned (Festival cut), The Road West Traveled
- Blue, Aly Nicklas
- I Am Here, David Hanson and Michael Hanson
- Surfer Dan, Camp4 Collective
- Searching for Christmas Tree, Lie Feng
- Westward: Brennan Lagasse, KGB Productions
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; show starts at 7 p.m.
$12 Colorado Mountain Club members; $15 non-members.
No hard copy tickets- ALL TICKETS ARE WILL CALL AT THE DOOR
The Backcountry Film Festival is produced by Winter Wildlands Alliance as a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups like Colorado Mountain Club at the local level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.